My chirpiness this morning means my Ditto is coming together well. I tried is on last night and it fits - beautifully! WOO FRICKING HOO! It looks so much better on me than I expected that I fell asleep with a smile on my face and woke up with one, too. Of course, it ain't over 'til it's over, but I'm optimistic. If this works, it means I'll be able to upsize virtually any pattern to fit me - and that will accomplish one of the ten things I'd like to do before I croak:
- Build a small but luxurious cabin in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom on a gazillion acres with a gorgeous view of the Green Mountains
- Get married again to the man of my dreams. My beloved bf told me on Sunday, "I'll absolutely marry you someday!" *smile*
- Have step-grandkids (something I really want since I couldn't have children of my own)
- Take a Meditteranean cruise (I've wanted to do this since reading The Odyssey in junior high) and visit Akrotiri, the lost ancient city on Santorini
- Take a knitting vacation to Estonia, Norway, Sweden, Latvia, Scotland, the Faroe Islands, and the like, visiting textile museums and yarn shops all along the way
- Design flattering, well-fitting sweater patterns for ample-sized women with finished bust sizes up to 65+ inches (as it should be)
- Exercise everyday and somehow grow to like it (is this even possible?)
- Live a peaceful life, being present in the eternal now rather the caught in the vortex of my miserable childhood (making progress on this one)
- Learn how to make a sweater that fits
- And last, but not least, knit daily (check!)
More good news on the Ditto front, literally: I found even better buttons on Etsy! These radial-patterned beauties are genuine pearl and are surprisingly heavy. The color is great. They'll be terrific.
I've got six inches to go and I'll be done! Except for the placket. And blocking. And seaming. Oh well, that's a knitter's life.
Now back to chirping... blue days, all of them gone, nothing but blue skies, from now on...