Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fini, terminado, færdig, finito, färdiga, klaar...

Finished! After two or three months of knitting nothing but the Diamond Yoke Cardigan, I've finally finished. I need to get some better pictures, but here are at least a couple to start.


I was worried that my new sweater wouldn't fit me; when I first finished, all the cables were so scrunched together it looked like it was made for a skinny teenager. But with blocking, it opened up, thank God.

If you look at the picture, you'll see that the buttons are out of whack. As luck would have it, the buttonholes are placed correctly, but the buttons were not. I cut a couple of them off and sewed them back on in the proper spot. All is well in the button department.


But there is a potential issue with the neckline. Beware to anyone who makes this pattern! The last step says to knit 35 rows of 1x1 rib, which I did. As you can see, I mistakenly made myself a turtleneck. If you look at the picture from the book, you can see that the sweater only has about ten rows on its final round. I'm waiting for my sweater to completely dry and then I'll decide about whether to whack off an inch or three from the neckline. Of course, I'll keep you posted about whatever I do next.


Come back soon... I'll have photos of me modeling my creation. I hope it ends up looking nice on me. This cardigan was a ton of work... what a terrible shame it will be if the cardigan is unbecoming on me. I wish it would hurry up and dry so I could find out for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I kinda like the high neck. Guess I would have to see it on to decide.

    ReplyDelete