I'm really pleased with the fit thus far. Doesn't it look better? Look at those sleeves, especially compared to the original:
Another change I made to this version: I knitted some short rows at the back of the neck (see the dark blue section at the top) to make it fit better across my shoulders and neck. Smart move, I think.
Now I'm trying to figure out how big to make the bottom of the sweater. I don't want it to be too baggy but I don't want it curling in around my big butt either. So this time I'm going to make it with a hem. I'm going to knit to the bottom in stockinette stitch and then add a row of purl stitches. Then I'm going to knit the actual hem with matching Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light. This lighter DK weight will make the hem less bulky. I think it will work well.
Hey, check out my latest knitting treasure. I bought a crochet hook key chain from Knit Picks to make it easier to pick up dropped stitches, but soon started connecting my most-used notions to it. I added a tape measure my boyfriend gave me, stitch markers, some little Knit Picks interchangeable needles tools, a tapestry needle, a safety pin, and even my Gingher scissors which I connected with a stitch marker. I love this! Everything in one place and within easy reach. I thought I'd pass along the hint since I'm so proud of myself for making it.
And as a laugh, look at this ridiculous picture I took trying to photograph the back of my sweater. Watch out! I'm keeping a very close eye on you!