Would you like to knit along with us? Here is a quick review of the KAL basics:
- Sweater ranges from 40.25 to 60.25 inch finished bust sizes.
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 26 rows over four inches on size 7 needles (your mileage may vary).
- Specified yarn: Louet Eastport Alpaca.
- Substitution yarns: you need a DK weight. Some of the participants are using Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light, Berroco Vintage DK, Knit Picks Merino, Berroco Inca Gold, Finatura Lanarota Puno Alpaca, and many others.
- Sign up for the Ravelry Waltham KAL group where we're all yakking, exchanging swatch info, showing pictures, becoming friends, and generally having fun. We'd love to have you, too.
- Buy Knitting Plus which will be in your LYS or bookstore in the next week or so. Some of us pre-ordered the book on Amazon and received emails yesterday saying the book will be shipped in the coming week.
- Knit your swatch. For more information, visit the Waltham swatch info page.
While I have your attention, let me show you the latest pictures of my Early Bird as modeled by my sweet, long-suffering pug, Moose. It looks great him. What a handsome boy.
Here's a more conventional shot. You can really see the evolution of the cable pattern and the waist shaping. However, all I can see is how far I have to go before the Waltham KAL begins! I am afraid I'll be multitasking unless I begin speed knitting or something.
Finally, look what came in the mail today: a new bookcase. Why? Because I've bought so many knitting books, pattern booklets, and magazines that they don't fit in the old bookshelf. Now, where's that bf when I need him? Get your cute butt over here and put up that shelf!