Just a quick note to show you I'm making progress on my Under Toad (aka Undercurrent). I've finished the sleeves, as you know if you read my blog; now I'm working on the back. Check out the darts I've put in to decrease from my wide behind to my narrower waist.
At this point, normally I'd doing increases to add room for my bustiness, but I'm going to try knitting straight up to the armpits and then doing the underarm decreases. All of my sweaters have ended up with a pool of fabric at the waist, as you can see in my Petrea.
I think this happens for two reasons. One, I've been making my armholes too deep. And two, I don't need the extra room for my bust at the back of my sweater; I need it in the front. So for this sweater, I'm going to do increases in the front only. We'll see what happens.
I was going to put in some short rows at the hips to counteract my sweater riding up in the back, but I couldn't do it without breaking up the stripe pattern so I'm skipping it. I'll probably regret this but I don't know what else to do.
Onward and upward - on the Under Toad back anyway. Meanwhile, I'm off to the pool before all the happily screaming munchkins show up and wreck my peaceful swim. :-)