A quick update on my projects. I slog on with my Bartok. I'm in the middle of acres and acres of white stockinette - oh my God, it's like driving on the Ohio Turnpike in foggy gray snow. Unending.
My only salvation is that I'm trying some new shaping to adjust for that unfortunate lift that occurs in the back of every one of my sweaters. Here's one example: my Waltham.
For other sweaters, I've tried adding short rows at the top of my butt thinking that would give me the extra room I needed. But this time, I added them three inches above the hemline, about 20 percent in from each side. This will hopefully give me the extra length at the back hips and make the sweater look even when viewed from the side. You can see that I'm also working on the back waist shaping to give myself a better fit at the back waist, too.
Meanwhile, the sleeves wait patiently for me to finish. In my house, the leather recliner serves as hitching post for completed knitwear pieces.
I carry on amid coughing and general recovery. More news in my next post.