Then, to make things even worse, they'll:
- Promise TWICE to send the wrecked sweater to the Dry Cleaning Institute and then fail to do so.
- Spend weeks trying to "block" the cardigan into shape - which meaning that they tried to stretch it out 30 percent which of course does NOT work.
- Refuse to provide any compensation for the $150 and three months it took to make this sweater, saying that they are not responsible because the handmade sweater didn't have a care label - how many knitters put care labels in their own sweaters???
- Admit several times that they machine washed the sweater and before claiming they dry cleaned it.
- Assert that sometimes 100% wool sweaters shrink during the dry cleaning process - despite the fact that they'd cleaned this sweater successfully several times previously without incident, and despite the fact that everyone knows this is utter bunk.
- Fail to meet with the customer on the appointed day to discuss restitution.
- Fail to call the customer to discuss restitution either.
It doesn't get any worse than this. Zips Dry Cleaners and Russ Kaplan (the owner and aka the guy who beat feet and never called me), are the biggest bunch of shysters I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Please spread the word. ZIPS DRY CLEANERS SUCKS.